I was recently tagged by Orli to write 8 miscellaneous facts about myself, and although I had decided that I wouldn’t get involved in any more of these meme things, I thought it would be a good way of introducing myself to any new readers I may have.
However, I won’t be tagging anyone else, because I don’t want to impose, and because I don’t know who’s already been tagged. So, if you’re reading this and want to get involved, then feel free to do so.
- I haven’t been to a hairdresser’s for over 10 years. Instead, I shave my head every 3-4 months.
- I have 3,000+ books.
- In 1998, I nearly went to Hiroshima to study for a Ph.D. in electrophysiology.
- My 33rd birthday is next week.
- I enjoyed dissecting human brains while teaching neuroanatomy to medical students. I have also dissected umpteen rats and chick embryos.
- I am short-sighted, but only wear my glasses when I’m driving or when I go to the cinema.
- I read The Economist.
- I’ve lied to you. According to my profile, I’m currently doing a Masters. Actually, the course doesn’t start until September.